wakari-masen

wakari-masen means "i don't understand" in Japanese. I'm anticipating using this phrase a lot in the next few months as I take in the sights, sounds and experiences of Japan

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pneumonia

Hey guys!

Today I went on an adventure. I walked all the way from my apartment to the grocery store, bought groceries, then returned home. Sadly, this is the biggest outing I've had in the past 5 days. As I think many of you have heard by now, I'm not feeling so great lately. What started as a nasty cough a month ago has seemingly evolved into pneumonia. Oy. Anyhoo, I'm working hard at getting better, drinking lots of water and laying in bed. I've been well looked after by my friends here, particularly Greg, whose limitless patience and kindness should put him in line for a sainthood. I've also really appreciated the emails from everyone at home, they certainly put a smile on my face. I'm off to the doc's again tomorrow and hoping for good news. I would love to be back at work, and my regularly-scheduled life, next week.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Jen,

    It is good to hear that you were able to go to the grocery store. Get better soon and continue to get rest. Joe and I are both praying for you.

    Janet

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jen,

    I'll try this again. I tried to put a message on yesterday here! Our thoughts and prayers are with you constantly. Keep getting better! Many thanks to Greg and your friends there for their amazing support.
    Love,

    Mom, Ralph, Janessa, Janet, Rob, Laurie & Ernie

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Jen,

    I know you have heard this a lot but you are truly in my prayers. Always remember that God is right by your side.

    Carla

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jen, its just me Joe. hope you are getting better. things here at st clair are quite busy with work,etc.. i just got a job, working as a support worker for an 8yr old boy with autism. the job is part time so i can still go to school. this past weekend, i was at a retreat which was held at my church. it was such a great experience. i just thought i would post a comment here and see how you were doing and also to let you know how i was doing. Janet and I are both doing well. anyways i will keep on praying for you. get better soon. - joe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home